Join us for the second annual Sugarloaf Charity Summit Charity Challenge!
Join Maine Cancer Foundation, the Dempsey Center, and the Martha B. Webber Breast Care Center in the effort to raise a mountain of money to fight cancer AND help us towards our goal of covering 2,000,000 feet on Saturday, January 28! Be it vertical feet or distance logged on the snowshoe or Nordic trails, let's come together to tackle these two goals. We'll be socially distanced, but united in our efforts!
We invite you to start a team or to contribute to the collective goal on your own! You can then choose to participate in the on-hill Sugarloaf events OR to log your miles from ANYWHERE, as long as it occurs on Saturday, January 28, 2023. Either way, you'll be rewarded the satisfaction of supporting the cancer community of Maine! What’s more, your fundraising efforts will be rewarded with exciting prizes and exclusive on-hill events during the Charity Summit weekend.
Check out this year's fundraising prizes!
- Raise a minimum of $150 to participate in the Charity Challenge on January 29, 2021. At this level, individuals will receive a Charity Challenge armband that will serve as admission to all Charity Challenge events, to include the infamous Cut-for-Cancer!** In order for a team to be eligible, each member must raise the minimum $150. The armband will also serve as proof of eligibility for different discounts/promotions at numerous local businesses during the weekend of the Summit!
- Raise $500 and receive the above PLUS a one-day lift ticket (valid for the 2021/2022 season with no blackout dates) and three 2-year Season Pass raffle tickets.
- Raise $1,000 and receive the above PLUS one-of-a-kind Charity Summit commemorative logo items.
- Raise $1,500 and receive the above PLUS an exclusive Sugarloaf Sea Bag.
- Raise $2,500 and receive the above PLUS private first tracks with ski patrol and a breakfast at Bullwinkle’s for January 29. This offer is only valid for the first 20 individuals who reach this goal. Each recipient will also be able to bring a guest.
- Top Individual Fundraiser - the top individual fundraiser as of noon on Sunday, January 30 will receive a $750 gift card to Downhill Supply Company.
- Top Team Fundraiser - the top fundraising team as of noon on Sunday, January 30 will receive the exclusive opportunity of First Tracks with Ski Patrol for a group of up to (10) people at Sugarloaf, where you will head up on the lifts at 6:45am. This trip will be available any day with advanced notice and is valid through the spring of 2022.
**Please note: Participants must have a valid lift ticket or Season Pass in order to participate in on-hill events.
Charity Challenge Events include:
- Charity Challenge Kick-Off Toast | 9:45am | The Beach
Thanks to our friends at Cellardoor Winery, come join us for a kick-off toast to start the day!
- Cut for Cancer | 10am-close | All 5 Quads
Thanks to our friends at Sugarloaf, participants will be able to cut the lift line at all 5 quads!
- Charity Challenge Cocoa Tent | 10am-1pm | The Beach
Thanks to our friends at Sysco, participants will enjoy sipping cocoa on the Beach between runs!